Welcome to the souls seekers podcast, with me your host, Ellen Shilling. This podcast will explore ways to bring more meaning, connection, purpose and joy. We will have chats about menopause, grief, trauma, pilates, self care and more but most of all it’s just me having chats with people I really really admire.
I believe that everyone has a story to tell and in that story there lies wisdom and inspiration for us all, so as you listen to a speaker talk about their struggles or how they got themselves out of a situation this might reflect your own and you might be motivated to make the changes that you need to make. Or you might just have a giggle with us as we chat about our experiences.
Either way I hope that this podcast brings you a feeling of connection, an understanding of yourself and a few laughs along the way.
Why a podcast?
Follow me on social media or you tube to keep up to date with all the latest episodes.
All episodes of the podcast will be transcribed and posted here, making the content more accessible and so that you can read through all the wise words shared by my wonderful guests!
Just click on the title below to access the transcriptions
Season 1: Episode 1 - Anna Frankland of Reform Pilates .
- You can listen to the episode here or
- Access the transcription of our chat here
Some of the things we cover are:
- Dealing with the inner conflict – staying at home v’s pursuing a career
- How two screaming babies in a bassinet on a long haul flight lead to one of the biggest decisions of their lives
- Client story – Pilates can inspire you to go for a promotion!
- Pilates builds self esteem, Anna and her team help you to change your perspective to focus on what you can do
- Annas definition of success meant she said no to a opening a second studio
- Her tips for work – family balance – “You can do anything but you can’t do everything”
- Surrounding herself with the right people
- Sometimes success is letting go
- Modelling self-care for your children and not modelling the pursuit of goals
Season 1: Episode 2 - Caroline Meade of ItsTimeForMe
You can listen to the podcast here
Our chat in the big blue chair was so inspiring that I found it hard to cut anything out and so I didn’t! I hope you find it as inspiring as I did – some of the highlights are:
- Journey from Law to Wellness via a pack of her granny’s tarot cards.
- Awakening your intuition
- Why not to go to a tarot card reader
- No “one size fits all” when it comes to wellness and healing
- Perceptions of who we are as “healers”
- How showing up for herself has helped her succeed in work – what burnout showed her.
- Dispelling the myths – I have a spiritual life = I have a happy life,
- How to find your intuition – and you know where it is.
- Looking for answers “outside of myself”
- Losing her Dad as she was going through IVF and during COVID
- How to read the signs from the universe.
- Her journey to conceive – and it’s not what you think!
- Saying enough is enough – letting go of a pressurised definition of success.
- I had to turn into a “b1tch” to be heard: loosing her voice during IVF.
- Getting a positive COVID test and negative pregnancy test in the same day
- How her body guided her to stop
- The peace she found during the 4 weeks as she was miscarrying.
- Manifestation – baby, relationships, careers
- We talk about relationships, manifesting a partner or anything you want into your life.
- To surrender does not mean you have to give it up, how wanting something so much might keep you stuck.
- Sometimes your intuition leads you away from the thing that you wish for only to bring you back again
And thank you Linda McGann for the wonderful music
You can listen to the podcast here
Keep in touch
Sign up to my newsletter to be kept up to date with podcast releases, free events, online workshops & in person retreats. You will also receive hints and tips on how to live a more soul-full life.
Once you subscribe you will automatically receive a free mindfulness meditation to reduce anxiety.